ONCOPLASTIC BREAST RECONSTRUCTION SURGERY
|ONCOPLASTIC BREAST RECONSTRUCTION SURGERY|
|Procedure Time||Approx. 2- 3 hours|
|Anesthesia||General anesthesia supplemented by local anesthesia|
|Hospital Stay||Inpatient (2-4 night’s stay at hospital)|
|Back to Work||4 weeks|
|Recovery||2- 4 weeks.|
|Durations of Results||The optimum results may last 5-10 years.|
|Risks/Complications||Unfavorable scarring, loss of nipple sensation, unsatisfactory shape etc. (Refer FAQs for more information).|
|Cost of the Procedure|
Oncoplastic surgery is an integral part of all breast cancer surgeries that combines the latest plastic surgery techniques with breast surgical oncology. A large lumpectomy can leave the breast distorted, but the remaining tissue can be sculpted to realign the nipple and areola and restore a natural breast shape. The opposite breast is also modified to create symmetry.
An aesthetic approach to mastectomy enhances the range of options that can be offered to women with breast cancer, facilitating better outcomes.
Care Before Surgery
- Select a certified and experienced Cosmetic surgeon for consultation/procedure
- Quit smoking 2 weeks before surgery and alcohol too.
- Refrain from eating or drinking for 8 hours before surgery /as advised by your doctor
- Follow doctor’s instructions about medication to be taken or stopped before surgery as required
- Be prepared to face the risks/complications if any, post-surgery
- Understand the follow-up care, including dietary restrictions
- Be prepared for Chemotherapy
Care After Surgery
- Follow your doctor’s post-op care instructions strictly to avoid complications
- No – strenuous activities for 4-6 weeks
- Quit smoking and alcohol for at least 3-4 weeks
- Do not lift more than five pounds or bend at the waist to lift for six weeks.
- Do not expose to direct sunlight, and eat soft semi-solid foods
- Regular exercises with the help of physiotherapist
- Do not skip post-op care appointments
Frequently asked Questions
Here are a few points that may answer your questions about Rhinoplasty, to help you make an informed decision before opting for it.
Patients who are candidates for breast conservation therapy or lumpectomy, and are also candidates for breast reduction or mastopexy (breast lift). Lumpectomy is an excision of a breast lump with a surrounding rim of normal breast tissue.
It is done under general anesthesia or IV Sedation as needed in an outpatient setting or may require a night’s stay in the hospital. As part of the lumpectomy, the surgical oncologist will remove the tumor and the lymph nodes. While the plastic surgeon will perform a bilateral breast reduction or lift, by removing the cancerous breast tissue from the cancerous breast. The normal breast will also be modified accordingly to attain symmetry.
Recovery time is six weeks, but most people usually feel better and are able to return to work in three to four weeks. This procedure is usually done as an overnight stay. You will be placed in a surgical bra that will need to be worn for 4-6 weeks following your procedure. It’s preferable to get back to work after 4 weeks ( depends on your occupation type) as the recovery time is 2-4 weeks. You must refrain from strenuous activity for 4-6 weeks following this procedure.
Possible side effects include:
- Seroma. This is a collection of clear fluid which accumulates in the surgical cavity during healing.
- Lymphoedema ( swelling of the arm)
- Cording (axillary web syndrome) …
- Restricted range of movement in shoulder
- Nerve pain or numbness
- Tissue Necrosis
- Inability to breast feed
It depends on the type of facelift surgery, the person’s general condition, and other factors that include:
- Implants if required
- Hospital / surgical facility cost
- Prescription medication cost
- Anesthetist and Surgeon’s fee
- Nursing and Support Staff fee
- Post-surgery garments
The cost can vary between Rs. 1.5 to 2 lakhs per breast.
Send us your pictures to get an opinion from our doctor before you come for consultation to help us understand if you are a candidate for the procedure.
How is Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery (HCS) different?
At HCS, we adopt surgical option that’s best for the individual – safe, predictable and stable. Our patients had experienced rewarding results from Breast Oncoplastic Surgeries.
We are a team of plastic and cosmetic surgeons who are board certified members with experience in mastectomy, lumpectomy, oncoplastic reconstructive surgeries, besides breast reduction surgeries.
Our team is led by Dr. Ravindranath Bhyri, M.S, M.Ch, dedicated and board certified Plastic Surgeon with 13 years of surgical experience. He has an expertise in complex reconstructive & life-saving procedures. Dr. Bhyri is Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeon for several hospitals in Hyderabad / Secunderabad cities.
We discuss with the patient in detail, about the pros and cons of the procedure and answer all questions raised by the patient to help them make informed decisions. HCS provides before-after photos for patients to compare and assess doctor’s expertise.
We are an empathetic team that ensures best patient care, provide post-operative care instructions and cost-effective treatment. You can stay rest assured that you are in the safe hands of a highly-trained and qualified plastic and cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Bhyri at Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery.