GYNECOMASTIA (MALE BREAST REDUCTION SURGERY)
|Procedure Time||Approx. 1.5- 3 hours|
|Anesthesia||General anesthesia or local anesthesia or IV Sedation|
|Hospital Stay||Outpatient procedure|
|Back to Work||7 days|
|Recovery||3- 6 weeks for complete recovery|
|Durations of Results||Immediate results.|
|Risks/Complications||Excessive scarring, asymmetry, infection etc. (Refer FAQs for more information).|
|Cost of the Procedure||The cost can vary between Rs. 40000 to Rs. 60,000 ( for 2 breasts).|
Care Before Surgery
- Select a certified and experienced Cosmetic surgeon for consultation/procedure
- Quit smoking 2 weeks before surgery and alcohol too.
- Refrain from eating or drinking for 8 hours before surgery /as advised by your doctor
- Follow doctor’s instructions about medication to be taken or stopped before surgery as required
- Be prepared to face the risks/complications if any, post-surgery
- Understand the follow-up care, including dietary restrictions
- Have realistic expectations
Care After Surgery
- Follow your doctor’s post-op care instructions strictly to avoid complications
- No – strenuous activities for 4-6 weeks
- Quit smoking and alcohol for at least 3-4 weeks
- No weight lifting or stretching for six weeks.
- Do not expose to direct sunlight, and eat soft semi-solid foods
- Regular exercises with the help of physiotherapist
- Do not skip post-op care appointments
Frequently asked Questions
Here are a few points that may answer your questions about Rhinoplasty, to help you make an informed decision before opting for it.
Men who are physically healthy and of relatively normal weight, have realistic expectations and if concerned about the size of their breasts. Having a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for improving the physical symptoms of gynecomastia helps.
The procedure is done in an outpatient setting under general anesthesia, or intravenous sedation and local anesthesia. It may take about 1.5 to 3 hrs. to complete the procedure.
Infection, fluid build-up, injury to the skin, rippling or looseness of the skin, asymmetry, pigmentation changes, excessive scarring if with excision technique, loss of nipple sensation, contour irregularities and in some instances a second procedure may be needed to remove additional tissue.
The risks and safety measures will be fully discussed prior to your consent. It’s important that you clarify all your questions directly with your plastic surgeon.
Possible signs of temporary bruising, swelling, numbness, soreness, and/or a burning sensation are noticed.
The patient may go back to work after a week. More strenuous activity may be resumed after two to three weeks. Most of the swelling and bruising will disappear after three to six months. Though the results are permanent and immediate, weight gain may once again lead to enlarged breasts.
It depends on the type of facelift surgery, the person’s general condition, and other factors that include:
- Hospital / Surgical facility cost
- Prescription medication cost
- Anesthetist and Surgeon’s fee
- Nursing and Support Staff fee
- Post-surgery garments
The cost can vary between Rs. 40000 to Rs. 60,000 ( for 2 breasts).
Send us your pictures to get an opinion from our doctor before you come for consultation, to help us understand and guide you better about the procedure.
How is Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery (HCS) different?
At HCS, we adopt surgical option that’s best for the individual – safe, predictable and stable. Our patients had experienced rewarding results from Gynecomasty Surgeries.
We are a team of plastic and cosmetic surgeons who are board certified members with experience in mastectomy, gynecomasty, lumpectomy, oncoplastic reconstructive surgeries, besides breast reduction surgeries.
Our team is led by Dr. Ravindranath Bhyri, M.S, M.Ch, dedicated and board certified Plastic Surgeon with 13 years of surgical experience. He has an expertise in complex reconstructive & life-saving procedures. Dr. Bhyri is Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeon for several hospitals in Hyderabad / Secunderabad cities.
We discuss with the patient in detail, about the pros and cons of the procedure and answer all questions raised by the patient to help them make informed decisions. HCS provides before-after photos for patients to compare and assess doctor’s expertise.
We are an empathetic team that ensures best patient care, provide post-operative care instructions and cost-effective treatment. You can stay rest assured that you are in the safe hands of a highly-trained and qualified plastic and cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Bhyri at Hyderabad Cosmetic Surgery.